For new full-time year 1 undergraduate students, registration consists of two stages - stage 1 can be undertaken at home where you complete the online part of registration, while stage 2 takes place on campus.
Stage 1: At Home
- Online registration
- Upload photo for student card
Stage 2: On Campus (Click here to view Schedule)
- HEA Survey
- Quickscan Assessment
- Garda Vetting (if applicable)
- School and Department induction (On-Campus & Online).
1. Online Registration
Information on registering online will be issued to you by post/email. Once you receive this information you can click here to begin the online element of registration. Registering online includes fee payment - click here for details on fees. Students wishing to pay by instalments should:
- Complete the registration process, tick the terms and conditions and confirm registration buttons.
- In Registration Fees click the ‘Partial Payment or Pay Later’ button and follow the on-screen instruction. Instalment 1 is a minimum of 25% of the total annual fee. To avail of this option students are required to complete and submit an instalment agreement.
2. ID Photograph
Upload your photo for use on your student ID card. Access the portal for uploading your photo at https://student.lyit.ie/. Student cards will be available for collection during the third week of term.
3. HEA Survey
First year students are required to complete the HEA Survey. The HEA survey can be undertaken on Registration Day. Note – you must be registered first prior to undertaking the HEA Survey. The Equal Access Leaflet outlines the purpose of this survey, while you can click here for further information on Data Protection at LYIT. Information on the HEA Data Collection can be obtained by clicking here.
4. Quickscan Assessment
The Quickscan Assessment is operated by LYIT’s Learning Support Unit - The Curve. This test is conducted to determine your preferred learning styles, and as an aid to identify any specific learning strengths and weaknesses you may have, some, perhaps you may not have been aware of. The test itself is a simple computerised test that takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. The results of this test are used to identify students who may be in need of additional support via The Curve, e.g. for study skills, general language skills, maths, dyspraxia, visual stress, or with general learning confidence. The Quickscan Assessment is also undertaken on Registration Day.
5. Garda Vetting (where applicable)
A number of courses at LYIT require students to obtain Garda Vetting. Students who have applied for these course will receive a Garda Vetting form with their Registration pack. It is essential that the completed form, along with appropriate ID, ( Garda Vetting Information ) are brought with you on Registration Day. Registration for these codes will be provisional until Garda Vetting is successfully completed.
6. School/Department Induction
In September, each School/Department runs specific induction for each class group. This gives students a chance to meet and get to know their class group and staff. The course requirements specific to your programme will also be outlined for you. You will be given vital tips and hints on settling into college and succeeding in your course. Individual departmental induction schedules will be available from here in early September.
- Department of Nursing & Health Science Induction Schedule
- Department of Science Induction Schedule
- Department of Computing Induction Schedule
- Deparment of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Skills Induction Schedule
- Department of Business Induction Schedule
- Department of Electronic & Mechanical Engineering Induction Schedule
- Department of Design Induction Schedule
- Department of Law & Humanities Induction Schedule
- Department of Civil Engineering & Construction Induction Schedule
Click here for a video induction on the various services available to you.