Letterkenny is the largest town in Donegal, home to ATU Donegal and a population of close to 20,000 people. Located on the River Swilly it’s a vibrant mix of restaurants, bars and shopping.
Our Letterkenny campus is at heart of ATU Donegal. It includes our Main Building: over 18,000 square meters of educational and support accommodation with specialised teaching and research facilities, including administrative, technical and academic staff accommodation. It also houses our library, dining areas, meeting rooms and ancillary accommodation.
With a diverse range of transport links, our Letterkenny campus is easily accessible for national and international students and visitors.
Letterkenny is a very lively town, offering excellent shopping and nightlife and great opportunities for sport, culture and fun. There are plenty of much-loved student haunts: pubs, music venues, nightclubs and restaurants. In addition you’ll find:
- 8-screen cinema with 1,400 seats
- An Grianán, a 383 seat theatre, 5 minutes’ walk from the college.
- Regional Cultural Centre, 5 minutes’ walk from the college, incorporating an art gallery, auditorium with 146 seats and full cinema facilities, 3 multi-purpose workshops, 2 dedicated digital media suites and 2 small music rehearsal rooms.
- Quite a few commercial retail units which house quite a number of high street stores.
- Aura Leisure Complex a large indoor & outdoor sports and leisure complex with 25m pool, tartan track, gym etc.
- Arena 7 Entertainment Complex with 10-pin bowling, children’s play area, etc.
- Several hotels with pools and sports facilities open to membership.
- Community Centre with indoor and outdoor sports facilities.
- A range of commercial sports venues, including Pitch & Putt, Bowling, Go- Karting, etc.
- Various Sports Clubs & Facilities including Golf, Tennis, GAA, Rugby, Athletics, etc