When you feel good about life you can embrace your studies with confidence. That is why we have such strong learning support structures in place for all of our students.
The Learning Support Unit at ATU Donegal, titled the Curve, was established to encourage and support all students throughout their time at ATU Donegal.
At The Curve, we offer invaluable advice and support to a diverse range of students and we operate an open-door policy at all times.
Mathematics Learning Centre
The purpose of the Mathematics Learning Centre (MLC) is to support students’ mathematics learning across all courses in ATU Donegal. Perhaps you lack confidence in your ability to do mathematics? Perhaps you missed out somewhere along the line or had a negative experience learning maths? Whatever the reason, don’t wait until it’s too late. We are here to help all students and offer the following services:
- Small group tutorial support in Maths and Physics topics
- Limited individual consultations
- Exam revision support sessions
- Online support via Blackboard and email
- Access to special resources including digital pencasts
Please call up to Room 3460 and talk to us about how we can help you, or alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
It is important to understand that the MLC is not a replacement for attending lectures. Also, we do not offer a service for completing maths assignments.
Communication Learning Centre
The aim of the Communication Learning Centre (CLC) is to help students with academic writing and study skills. This service is for all students at ATU Donegal.
The CLC provide a number of workshops through the academic year:
- Preparing and delivering an effective presentation
- Writing an essay: advice on process and structure
- Advice on referencing and avoiding plagiarism
- Advice on exam preparation and technique
- Turnitin advice and information.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information..
QuickScan is an easy to use, multi-functional screening questionnaire that takes 10-20 minutes to complete and identifies specific areas of learning strengths and weaknesses. All first year students at ATU Donegal undertake the Quickscan questionnaire on Registration day in September.
On completion, QuickScan generates a report that identifies:
- The student’s preferred learning style, giving strategies and information on how to get the best out of time spent studying
- Any learning supports that will help student learning
- Useful studying skills
- Maths difficulties
- Visual stress
- Learning confidence.
The Curve is located on the third floor of the main building, close to Room 3453. Below is a list of the staff at the Curve, should you need to speak to someone: