Letterkenny Institute of Technology’s Research Strategy 2015/16 - 2019/20 confirms its significant national profile for excellence in higher education through the pursuit of an ambitious research development agenda informed by public policy, strong regional engagement, and a fundamental commitment to a student-centred ethos.
The core of the LYIT Research Strategy is to contribute to this mission by creating a research and development environment that brings researchers and students together with start-ups, regional industries and local communities.
Our Research Strategy responds to four key drivers:
- The desire to (re)commit to educational excellence at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- The imperative to deliver knowledge based benefits to the North West Region of Ireland.
- The need to support ongoing academic enterprise and business incubation initiatives.
- The desire to disseminate research findings at international conferences and in peer reviewed journals.
Current Research Projects
- WiSAR Enterprise Ireland Technology Gateway.
- NW Centre for Advanced Manufacturing, Interreg V.
- Bryden Centre, Renewable Energy, Interreg V.
- Centre for Personalised Medicine, Interreg V.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Design, Innovation, Creativity, Entrepreneurship, (DICE) Innovation Academy.
- RAISE, Erasmus+.
- RE-START, Erasmus+
- I-STEP, Erasmus+
- TAOIDE, Ocean Energy, Horizon 2020.