At LYIT we have long fostered a culture of collaborative innovation between the Institute and a network of regional industries and businesses. To this aim our Development Office provides advice and access to a wide range of funding sources that support such collaborations between companies and academics.
One of these initiatives is Innovation Vouchers. The Innovation Voucher was developed to build links between higher education institutes, such as LYIT, and small businesses, with innovation vouchers worth €5,000 available to assist SME companies to explore a business opportunity - and as part of that exploration to be able to draw on the expertise and specialist resources of the Institute.
Other supports include Skillnets. This is a network of 40 member compaies based in Donegal, Sligo and Leitrim. Funded by Skillnets Ltd., it is managed bty LYIT and focuses on technology based business.
Who should take part:
- Any employees in a private business based in Donegal, Sligo or Leitrim
- Managers, supervisors, owners and staff at all levels.
- Anyone with training needs.
- Entrepreneurs and people who are starting their own business.
- Business people interested in networking.
- Unemployed people who are interested in availing of free training.
What it can do for you:
- Subsidise the cost of training for your employees.
- Organise training that you are interested in.
- Arrange training in Donegal, Sligo or Leitrim at times and venues that suit you.
- Allow you to meet like minded people at training and networking events.
To learn more about each of these supports you can visit their dedicated websites and contact Patsy Donaghy, CoLab Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com or +353 (0)74 918 6703.