Visas and Immigration – Non-EU Students

Non-EU Students

Students from some international countries will require visas to study in Ireland. Please check online for details. A number of countries do not require visas for Ireland. For more information click here.

placeholder imageAllow up to 7 weeks for study visas to be processed in some countries. Check guidelines for your specific country Irish visa application procedure and contact us if you need some guidance.

All Non-EU students will require a GNIB card once they are registered students at LYIT. The GNIB replaces your visa. Certain nationals need re-entry visas if they leave Ireland and wish to return (India, China, Pakistan, UAE etc.) please check online or with the International office at LYIT.

Click here for additional visa information.

Once you are at LYIT and have registered you will be told how to make an appointment to get your Irish Residence Permit card (IRP). Click here for further information. These are replacing the old GNIB cards. You will get your IRP here in Letterkenny and it will cost €300 per year.