Print Room Locations with MFDs:
PR2263 - (2 device, 1 colour, 1 B&W)
3rd Floor (colour)
PR3343 (3 devices – colour)
Library Upstairs (3 device, 2 colour, 1 B&W)
Library Downstairs Area (2 devices -1 colour, 1 B&W),
Print Room Locations with MFDs:
Library (2 devices 1 B&W, 1 colour)
Library (2 devices 1 B&W, 1 Colour)
Across the Institute there are dedicated staff print rooms
provided with one or more Multi-Functional Devices (MFDs) with a capacity to
copy in mono and in some instances colour. Staff can also access the print and
copying devices in student areas as well with their printer PIN or staff card.
To use the Multi-Functional Devices as a copier within the
designated print rooms you must identify yourself using your printer PIN or
staff ID card.
Click SafeQ Portal Guide for guide on how to
generate a PIN account in the SafeQ portal to use the photocopying features.
for Video Guide on how to use the SafeQ portal.
The Reprographics Centre is there to support high volume, multiple copy printing and to provide specialist services; binding, booklet printing, poster printing, and lamination. The service is run by a commercial supplier (M.J. Flood).
Reprographic Contact Details
Reprographics Service Agreement
Please note staff availing of services from the Reprographics Centre should observe the following:
- 4 hour turn-around on basic print jobs, 09.00 - 13.00, 14.00-17.00, Monday - Friday.
- Reprographics service request form, click here for request form, must be completed and submitted with each print job (electronically or hard-copy) before it can be accepted by the Reprographic Centre.
- The Reprographics Centre will require your username that you use to log into college computers to be submitted as part of the service request form. Your username normally takes the format firstname.surname i.e. Joe.Soap. Please do not give your password in any circumstances. Your username is used by the Reprographics to record printed jobs against your print system account.
- The Reprographics Centre will also require your photocopier PIN to be submitted as part of the service request form which allows Reprographics record and copy and scan jobs against your print account.
- All colour jobs, poster printing, binding, and specialised services must be approved and signed by your Head of Function or Budget Holder before the Reprographics Centre can process a job.
- Only the staff members who request the print job can pick-up the print job from the Reprographic Centre.
- No personal print jobs should be submitted to Reprographics Centre through this process. Any personal arrangement for this service offered by the Reprographics Centre is a private commercial arrangement between M.J. Flood and the staff member.
- Receipt for any services from the Reprographics Centre must be signed for.
- The cost of reprographics services will be charged to the relevant budget holder.
- The service cost and Service Level Agreement (SLA) provided under the contract by the Reprographics Centre only include acetate, B&W and color A4 and A3 printing\photocopying and binding. All other service cost and delivery time must be agreed between the Reprographics Centre and the Head of Function or Budget Holder.
Monthly reports will be submitted to each Head of Function or Budget Holder listing and costing the services availed of by staff members.
The Computer Services Department uses a print management system called SafeQ to manage all aspects of printing, copying, scanning and the Reprographics Center. The SafeQ system offer the following features:
Follow-Me: Follow-me printing allows you to print to any supported network printer (multi-functional device) around the college and then authenticate at any printer by using your login credentials or staff card to retrieve it. Follow-me provides a very secure method of printing and it does not matter which printer you go to, to collect your printout. The printout will follow you to the printer where you identify yourself with staff login credentials or staff ID card. The follow-me solutions also enables us to provide remote printing and mobile printing.
The mobile print service offers staff a convenient way to print from your mobile device or personal computing device to any of the academic staff or student print rooms.
Mobile print service for the Letttekenny Campus is available at the following URL: http://mobilelk.lyit.ie/m/
Mobile print services for the Killybegs Campus is available at the following URL: http://mobilekb.lyit.ie/m/
Remote Printing: Staff and students will be able to submit print jobs to our print system from home by sending an email from your college email account and then use the follow-me feature to release the print job.
Remote printing for the Letterkenny campus is available by sending documents to the following email addresss: email@example.com .
Remote printing for the Killybegs campus is available by sending documents to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scan-to-Email: Scan-to-Email is provided to all staff across all our new multi-functional devices.
End User Reporting: The SafeQ system provides a web based reporting feature allowing you to view all your printed, copied and scanned jobs either printed through a college printing device or the Reprographics Centre. This functionality is available through the SafeQ portal, see below section on how to access and use the SafeQ portal.
Click here to access the SafeQ portal.
Click here for Video Guide on how to use the SafeQ portal.