The REACH bursary scheme is designed to support and facilitate students wishing to complete an undergraduate programme. REACH targets students who might not progress onto third level due to having a disability or lacking the financial wherewithal to participate.
In order to be eligible for the award of the REACH bursary, applicants must:
- have a disability and/or financial limitations for third level education;
- have applied and be accepted onto an undergraduate programme within LYIT for the relevant academic year
- attend for interview in June/July
- be a new student to LYIT for the forthcoming academic year.
Successful applicants will be offered a bursary of €800 per annum. Additionally, successful applicants may avail of academic supports in maths and communications.
- Conditional offers will be made within 1 month of the closing date.
- Only those who have accepted a valid offer of a full-time place, and are registered at LYIT, will receive the REACH bursary.
- All decisions made by the Scholarship Committee are final.
- The Scholarship in only available in the year in which it is offered. It may not be deferred
- If the holder withdraws from the programme for which they have registered, they will forfeit the bursary
- Two bursaries will be allocated per secondary school with eligible applicants. For larger schools further applications will be accepted on a per capita basis.
Payment of all REACH bursary will be made to the successful applicant, following evidence of registration onto a full-time programme at LYIT, being obtained by the Curve.
Payment of the REACH bursary will be made to the successful candidate in November.
- Applicants will be required to submit the online application form available here.
- Financial information must be submitted in support of your application.
- If parents are P.A.Y.E. workers please provide a P.21 for year ending 31 Dec 2021.
- If parents are self-employed please provide a certified statement of annual accounts for 2020.
- If parents are in receipt of a Social Welfare payment please attach a copy of the amount of assistance received from the Local Welfare Office for 2021.
- Closing date for applications is 30 June 2022. Applications will not be permitted after the closing date.
Please contact: Mairead O'Kane, Student Services Department, LYIT, if you have any questions related to the application at firstname.lastname@example.org