LYIT to host Seminar in collaboration with Donegal County Childcare Committee
Letterkenny Institute of Technology (LYIT), in collaboration with Donegal County Childcare Committee, is delighted to host a Leadership in Early Childhood Care and Education seminar on Saturday, 5 October.
This seminar for Early Childhood professionals will be led by keynote speaker Professor Mathias Urban from the Early Childhood Research Centre in DCU. There will be contributions from local colleagues including service managers, the Early Years Inspectorate, Tusla and Better Start Quality Mentor.
Attendees can expect to hear up-to-date input on current practice locally and join us in a celebration of how far local services have come in a fast evolving Early Childhood Care and Education sector.
Dr Louise McBride, Head of Department of Nursing and Health Studies, is delighted to offer this seminar to Donegal childhood and education partners. She states, “this seminar will highlight aspects of quality practice, meeting regulatory requirements, leaning towards a recognition of work to date and how to keep moving forward as a professional workforce. Practitioners will have opportunity to engage in discussion and dialogue regarding shared experiences, supporting colleagues and mentoring teams in everyday practice to continue ensuring the best for children and families”.
Professor Mathias Urban, Chair of Early Childhood Education at Dublin City University, will be keynote speaker at this seminar with numerous other guest speakers including:
- Catherine Cullen, Early Years Education Inspector, Department of Education and Skills
- Sandra McLaughlin, Early Years Specialist, Better Start Quality Development Service
- Breda Cloney, Inspection and Registration Manager, North West Area, TUSLA Child and Family Agency
- Theresa Gallen, Manager, Twin Towns Childcare Service and LYIT ECCE graduate.
The seminar will take place on Saturday 5 October, 10 am – 3 pm in Lecture Room 1101 at LYIT.
- Register your place by emailing email@example.com
- Cost €15 to be paid on the day at registration.
- Pre-booking is required as places are limited.