Is this course for me?
With an increased emphasis on teaching computing in schools, there is increasing demand for teachers to introduce technology and coding as part of the curriculum. This 10 credit special purpose level-8 award is designed to assist teachers in developing exciting new database skills.
It aims to provide the learner with a general understanding of a database and its application in a relational database environment and to introduce basic data extraction techniques from a database.
Specifically the objectives of the course are to:
- Give an appraisal of the database environment.
- Design and implement a relational database
- Evaluate the relational model and the relational integrity rules
- Write SQL commands for data manipulation of a relational schema.
Certain semesters of this course are taken in common with other courses.
Follow up programmes elsewhere include:
- Higher Diploma in Computing for Educators and associated awards
The dates for the delivery of the course, depending on sufficient numbers, are:
Preparatory Reading 7th January 2019
Preparatory Reading 14th January 2019
Letterkenny Campus 26th January 2019
Preparatory Reading 4th February 2019
Preparatory Reading 11th February 2019
Letterkeny Campus 16th February 2019
EU Fees: €200