» BACHELOR OF SCIENCE Honours (COMMON ENTRY) INCORPORATING DEGREE AWARD OPTIONS:
BSc Honours in Bioanalytical Science
BSc Honours in Food Science and Nutrition
BSc Honours in Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Science
Programme Title Bachelor of Science (common entry) CAO Code LY818 LYIT internal code Duration 4 Years ab initio Standard Code Places: 26 National Framework Level 8 Award Type Major Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from QQI
- Is this Programme for Me?
- This course is designed to allow for broader entry to the undergraduate ab initio Level 8 Science programs of, Bioanalytical Science, Food Science and Nutrition or Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Science at LYIT. This new course proposal will give you the opportunity to have a year to decide which area of science appeals to you and to then pursue this in years 2 to 4. At the end of year 1, subject to the availability of places you can decide which course to chose from one of the following; Bioanalytical Science, Food Science and Nutrition or Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Science.
- Minimum Academic Entry Requirements
- Min. Six O6/H7
- Maths O6/H7
- English or Irish O6/H7
- At Least Two H5
- QQI (FET)/CAS
- Have obtained any FETAC Level 5 award including distinctions in at least three modules.
- What will I have to study?
Year/Semester Modules Mandatory/
No of credits Class hours per week 1/1 Introductory Biology Mandatory 5 5 Chemistry 1 Mandatory 5 5 Physics 1 Mandatory 5 5 Mathematical Skills for Science 1 Mandatory 5 4 Transferable Skills 1 Mandatory 10 6 1/2 Animal and Plant Biology Mandatory 5 5 Chemistry 2 Mandatory 5 5 Physics 2 Mandatory 5 5 Mathematical Skills for Science 2 Mandatory 5 4 Transferable Skills 2 Mandatory 10 6 Years 2, 3 & 4 Bioanalytical Science, Food Science and Nutrition, Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Science
- On successful completion of year 1 of this course students can progress to year 2 of one of the following programmes BSc Honours in Bioanalytical Science, BSc Honours in Food Science and Nutrition or BSc Honours in Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Science subject to availability of places. Graduates from this programme may also pursue further studies to Masters or Doctoral level at other Universities in Ireland or abroad.
- This course begins in September 2015.
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact: Dr. Joanne Gallagher, Head of Department of Science, Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- E- Mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: (074) 918 6302